All new patients will receive a copy of our practice leaflet, and copies will be available at reception or from the practice website
Our surgery building will be welcoming, easy for patients to find their way around and appropriate to the needs of users, including the disabled.
Patients' Rights to General Medical Services
Patients have the right to:
- Be registered with a General Practitioner (GP)
- Change their GP if desired
- Be offered a health check on joining the practice
- Receive urgent care at any time from the practice
- Receive appropriate drugs and medicines
- Be referred for specialist or second opinion if they and their GP agree
- View their medical records, subject to the Acts and associated procedure, and to know all NHS employees are legally obliged to keep the contents confidential.
Changes to Procedures
When changes are introduced to practice procedures that affect patients, we will ensure that these are clearly explained, by means of notices on the waiting room noticeboard or individual leaflets, giving as much notice as practicable.
To ensure the best possible knowledge of your personal health, these will be signed by your usual GP wherever possible.
- Urgent referrals to other health and social care agencies will be made within one working day of the patient consultation. Where requested, our GPs will refer you to a private health provider.
- We will normally process non-urgent referrals within five working days of the patient consultation or the doctor's decision to refer.
When a doctor or nurse arranges for a test to be taken the patient will be informed how to obtain the result. (Results are normally available after 2pm the following day
Transfer of Medical Records
The Practice will endeavour to dispatch any medical record required by the Health Authority within seven working days, or on the same day if the request is urgent.
* We will respect patients' privacy, dignity and confidentiality at all times *
With a Doctor: For routine consultations, we will endeavour to offer patients an appointment within two working days of the request. For medically urgent requests, we will offer an appointment on the same day.
With a Practice Nurse: For routine appointments, we will offer an appointment within five working days. If there is a delay in the appointment wait (when you arrive) of more than 20 minutes, we will let you know. We are happy to update you on any delay situation if you feel that you have been waiting too long.
Home Visits: We are unable to guarantee a specific doctor will visit you, as this depends on availability and other factors. The decision to home visit will be at the doctors’ discretion.
Please be aware that all telephone calls within the practice are recorded training and patient safety.